Tuesday, February 27, 2007


November 19, 2006

Dear family and friends,

After 10 or so days in Riverside helping care for my mother after her time in the hospital, I’m back at home.
She is doing better and so is my sister Pat.
I returned to mounds of mail, Christmas catalogues,and old newspapers. Also, to fresh white snow glistening on Mount Shasta, brilliant yellow and copper leaves clinging to the branches of the trees. The deep blue skies are quickly turning to gray, as rain clouds approach. Viv, Patty and I were able to squeeze in a walk and coffee at Turtle Bay late on Saturday afternoon, before the early November evening wrapped us in it’s evening cloak.
Catching up is slow to happen and yet, I soon will be headed to Santa Clara to spend Thanksgiving with family.
So why put the suitcase away? This year Alison will be staying in Portland (with many friends to share the holiday), Chris had a recent vacation in Newport Beach and will make up for it with double shifts at work. So luckily, Bonnie has invited me to join the family get together in Santa Clara. I am really looking forward to spending time with the family.
Bless the internet!! I have almost completed my Christmas shopping on-line. So easy and quick to do.
Now all I have to do is receive the packages, wrap and mail them! Hopefully, I did not place my orders twice
(which I’m afraid I may have done). Soon they will be in the mail and I’ll only be facing the credit card bill, but less stressed.
This time of year is difficult for me, due to the early sunset and dark, rainy days. There is still a lot of music, but I struggle to leave home. However, I’m determined to attend Sunday evening’s program at the “old city hall”.
Former Reddiing resident, Roger Hogan will be playing jazz with members of CSUC jazz band. Plus, Bonnie and I are hoping to hear some jazz in Santa Clara.

Wishing you all the joy and blessings of a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thought for the week:
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today!

Love, Claudia

No comments: