Tuesday, February 27, 2007




1-1-07

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy New Year and blessings of happiness and health to all of you!

The whirlwind is over, the decorations are put away, but yet the bills and pounds remain!! Sound familiar? I
guess that is why they say “with the new year we get to start all over”...and we should be “squared away” just in time for next December.
Christmas eve, I opened gifts with my son after he got off work. Christmas day, my son, Chris and I joined the Hastings clan at Vicky and Ken’s for an incredible feast! Fun to see everyone and play with the kids.

I enjoyed two nights out to hear music. First, on Wednesday evening was Indigo Brew, my friends who play jazz. This week their group was husband (on bass), wife (on keyboards) and son (on drums). Saturday evening was the duet Allison Scull (singer, song writer and guitar player) and Victor Martin (saxophone player and singer). This time they were joined by 2 different conga players. (Soares--your friend Joe F. and Mike Harris and I wish you’d been there).

New Year’s Eve, I took an afterrnoon walk with my friend,Viv to enjoy the lovely weather. That evening I stayed in and went to bed early to be able to accomplish all I needed to do today. This is because tomorrow I leave for Riverside to stay with my mom. She is having her ups and downs. I’ll be taking my laptop, so it would be nice to hear from all of you. Hope your year is starting out well.

Thought of the week:
Don’t take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Love,
Claudia

No comments: