Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2-4-07

Dear Family and Friends,

I’ve been home a few days now. It is definitely good to be here and to start getting back to normal. Going to hear jazz tonight at Old City Hall, was the shot in the arm that I needed.

My mother’s passing was quicker than expected, but less time she had to suffer. We three girls and my daughter,Alison, were all able to spend time with her before she died. The service was wonderful, with gorgeous flowers. The director of mother’s assisted living, volunteered to sing and beautifully sang “Amazing Grace” and “In the Garden” ac capella. Her previous neighbors read scriptures. My sister Pat, read a biography about her life, my twin, Clover read a poem, which was her and later, our guide for life. Alison, read some of her favorite quotes, and her brother-in-law, Jim, read the 23rd psalm. I expressed our appreciation to the Retirement Village staff and administrators for their amazing care, and to all of the wonderful friendly residents, Then to my sisters for all the care and time and love they have given our Mother. Earlier, at the internment, they family joined together to sing “Will the Circle Be Unbroken”. It was something she would have liked.

Then, three more weeks (in Riverside) of packing up, moving and storing her things. It was a very difficult, stressful and emotional time. Unfortunately, we have to get together in the summer and go through her things to divide them, and then sale the rest.

I do want to thank you all for the flowers, the cards and especially your friendship and support.

Love, Claudia

No comments: