Tuesday, February 27, 2007

1-13-07

Hello Family and Friends,

I got home Friday evening (1-12-07) and will return to Riverside on Tuesday (1-16-07). My mom has left the hospital and is back at the “village” in skilled nursing, much like a hospital (just around a corner and a hall away from her assisted living home, where we are staying). She is now under hospice care, as she is at the end of her life. We are focusing on comfort.
She chose many years ago not to do anything about her lung cancer, and now it is overtaking her.
We have steeled ourselves to what will be. Currently, my two sisters and my daughter, Alison, are with her. I came home to quickly deal with bills and finances, before returning. This ticket is open-ended. I will try to keep in touch, but I can not always get a connection to the internet.
Thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Comfort is now our priority.

May God watch over you and me until we are together again.

Love, Claudia

No comments: