Monday, October 13, 2008

Art and Politics
(Beauty and the Beast)

The “Artist Open Studio Tour” consisting of 36 different artists in a variety of genres was held through out Redding last weekend. Each day I was able to visit some and enjoy the talent of local artists. I saw lovely etched glass, beautiful jewelry, amazing oil and watercolor paintings, great photographs and some incredible bird and fish carvings. Out of the 36, I was able to view 18 artists. It was very inspiring.




In addition, each day I also had a political event to attend. The first was an Obama rally on a street corner with several other enthusiastic supporters.


On Sunday, we listened to U.S. Congress candidate Jeff Morris at an open house. He certainly, was a fine speaker and will make a wond
erful Congressman.


Thought of the day: "Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion."

No comments: