Saturday, March 03, 2007









March 3, 2007

Here we go again. I write as I listen to NPR’s “Wait, wait...don’t tell me.”
I HAVE WONDERFUL FRIENDS! I have to, because the last two weekends I have risen out of my warm, cozy, RETIREMENT bed at 6:30 a.m. to join one or two of them. The previous Saturday (2-24-07) morning I joined the gals for my first trip to the Mt. Shasta Ski Park. I’ve never skied, so I just went to sit in the lodge-- bar (enjoyed a couple of bloody marys), watched out the window, read a book and visited with the friendly people. It was beautiful with light snow coming down.
I think I’ll try it one spring day with no snow falling.
Today was the other early morning, as I joined Viv to be part of the community “book passing” from the old library to the brand new library. We stood in line for about three hours, passing books, enjoying the sunshine and visiting with nice people while listening to the amazing Cypress and Sequoia string students!! It was a BIG event as the TV news was there and a helicopter flew over head for a aerial photo. Afterwards, everyone went to the new library for the dedication and the open house. The new library is wonderful and so welcomed!
We also welcomed a new member of the Hastings family, my nephew Noah, has a daughter, Melody Evans.
She is a tiny ( 3lbs. 2oz.) baby, born early and will remain in the hospital for 4 or more weeks. My niece Vicky, is now a grandma!
I am planning a few trips this year. In September,
two more of my friends will retire and we have reservations for the Boston AARP festival. Don’t laugh,
it is suppose to be a really great fun vacation!! In June, I will join my sisters and daughter in San Diego to go through my parents things that are currently in storage. I hope to incorporate a trip to the Hollywood Bowl for the Playboy Jazz Festival. This coming week I’m headed to Santa Clara to be with family and see my niece in a school performance. I hope to also hear some jazz in the city (SF) when I’m down there.

thought of the week:
After a certain age, if you don’t wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Claudia

No comments: