Monday, April 20, 2009

Red Bluff Rodeo
Hee Haw ya’all!


My friend invited me to attend the rodeo. I had not been to one since I was much younger. I wasn’t really sure what to expect! It was going to be a very HOT day, so I put on sunscreen and a hat and prepared for whatever would happen. Luckily, our seats were in the shade. So we had a great time! I enjoyed taking many photos.

Just a different world that I am used to. But fascinating and we just went with the flow. It was “Tough Enough To Wear Pink” day (breast cancer awareness)...so you will see many “cowboys” wearing pink.

We had one lite beer while there, but you should have seen the massive amount of curly fries they sold as one serving! Left those alone.

We saw bucking bronco riding, bull riding, horse races, steer roping, and barrel racing. I have to say, they are totally organized and have the program down pat.

The following are photos that I took that day.


Men who have serviced 1 to 4 years in Iraq.


Steer Roping


Little cowboy


Bucking Broncos




Clydesdale Horses of Budwiser.


A horse race!



Riding the bulls.




Barrel Racing


Pun of the day:
"A young cowboy asked his father, "Do you think I can make a good living riding wild horses in a rodeo?"
His dad replied, "You should get a couple of bucks out of it."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Didn't you know that cameras were not allowed

Claudia said...

Actually, I called ahead and they said cameras were fine. You are simply not allowed to sell the photos.