Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter In San Diego



Friday, I left to visit my sister and her husband in San Diego over the Easter weekend. They picked me up at the airport and stopped at the water front for dinner and wine at the “C Level” restaurant. The view was wonderful. Later, we walked along the water front taking photos there, and also at the Santa Fe railroad station. Then we moved on to Seaport Village. In “The Upstart Crow” shop/coffee house Don bought a book and I bought trivia jazz cards.




Saturday evening found us in the Gas Lamp area of San Diego. Here the crowds walked the streets stopping in here and there. We had chosen Dizzy’s Jazz Club, which is currently located in San Diego’s Wine and Culinary Center, for dinner and music. The Gilbert Castellanos, the New Latin Jazz Quartet were performing and they were absolutely incredible! What a thrill for a “country gal”.



Sunday, of course, was Easter. Before our home made Easter dinner, my sister, Pat, and I took a lovely walk near Lake Murray. It was a beautiful day and there were many families barbecuing and having picnics. Again a chance for photos.

Monday, however, was the best weather and photo day of all. While Don went to work, we headed for Balboa Park. A truly wonderful place, with interesting buildings and grounds. Although the museums were closed that day, we were able to view the botanical garden. It is an exquisite place with fasinating plants of various kinds.





Perhaps I should warn my sister...that I may make this an annual trip!



thought of the day: "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder".

No comments: