Friday, January 04, 2008

Finally, the Holidays are over!!


Christmas Eve, my son (28) and daughter (30) joined me for Christmas Eve dinner. We’d not been together since March...so it was great to have them both here. (She lives in Portland and he is local.) We shared a wonderful ham dinner. Later that evening, Chris left and Alison and I watched “It’s a Wonderful Life”, before bed.

Christmas morning, Chris arrived again for gifts and brunch. Then later that day we all went over to my niece Vicky’s home for Christmas dinner. There were 7 adults and 3 children. All family, spanning four generations from 71 yrs. to 8 mos. After dinner we had fun playing a game called “Apples to Apples”. As New Years approached, I was really on a roll. Monday evening was the movie,"Charlie Wilson's War" and dinner with a group of six friends. Tuesday evening was New Year's Eve party...much food and drink and "pictionary" (guys against the gals). Wednesday (New Year’s Day), was an afternoon get together (football-guys, chatting & martinis-gals), with a wonderful evening dinner. Followed by the fun dice game “Left, Center, Right”, which I taught everyone. Bob W. was the big winner! So now I'm trying to "reboot" myself after all the days of partying. And I started out strong with a workout at Curves and an half hour on my treadmill. Unfortunately, a big storm has arrived and with the wind (50-70 miles) and rain, I’m less motivated. But as they say, "there is always tomorrow!"

( Still struggling with photo placement on my blog.)

Thought of the day: "Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself."

No comments: