Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Month, Another Trip!

Early this month I was invited down to see my niece, Bonnie and her family. Again a chance to get out of the heat and away from smoky skies. It was beautiful there.

George, Jack, Bonnie, Lauren and Mike

It is always fun to see their wonderful children and catch up on everything.

We also walked and had a picnic at Visona Park...gorgeo
us place!

Visona Park, Los Gatos

Aunt Claudia and Lauren

Picnic in the park


The next day, we went to a lovely upscale shopping area, called Santana Row. Here brother (my nephew), Peter joined us there for lunch. I bought some books at Boarders and a few things at La Sur Table (a cool kitchen store).


Lauren and her Uncle Peter

In addition, we had a chance to stop by and visit with Bonnie’s Uncle & Aunt (my brother-in-law and sister-in-law). Though, I did not see all of the family there, it was good to see the ones I did. So I had a great time...relatively speaking!


Tom, George, Lauren and Pat

While in Santa Clara, Bonnie helped me purchase my 1st IPOD and accessories.
Now I no longer need to carry my CDs in the car.I am now busy trying to load all of my CDs on to it. That is keeping me busy.

So now I’m home until the first week of September. I can’t believe
how quickly this year is flying by.


I have a dear friend with cancer and everyone's
prayers would be greatly appreciated.


thought of the day: “pessimism never works”.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Nice to see photos of your family - and some lovely pics, too. Sounds like you had a great shopping opportunity too.

Prayers offered, as requested.